The specific outputs and achievements of the LIFE-IP will be the following:
- Implementation of streamlined monitoring & evaluation adaptation methodologies and use of common thematic indicators across Greece for the assessment of adaptation progress at regional and national level.
- Acceleration of the implementation of Regional Adaptation Action Plans.
- Guidelines and best-practices for adaptation for Regions and for Municipalities.
- Increased resilience to climate change of 3 Greek regions and 5 Greek Municipalities achieved through the implementation of specific pilot projects in priority sectors.
- Guidelines for adaptation for landscape, land uses, archaeological and historical sites.
- Integration of adaptation and mitigation synergies, within the revised Greek National Adaptation Strategy and the updates of the 2030 National Energy & Climate Plan and the 2050 National Long-term Low Emission Strategy.
- A national adaptation hub for stakeholder groups and the general public.
- Enhanced public and stakeholder awareness on climate adaptation.
- Increased knowledge and experience-sharing on adaptation.
- Coordination and effective use of European adaptation funds of the ESIF programming periods 2014-2020 and 2021-2027.
- Review and revision of the Greek National Adaptation Strategy and regionally specific terms of reference for the review of the Regional Adaptation Action Plans.
The specific outcomes of the LIFE-IP AdaptInGR complementary actions will be as follows:
- Improvement of the climate resilience of the 13 Administrative Regions of Greece to climate change, delivered through the financing of suitable adaptation measures, with priority given to the themes of pilot projects and best practices developed/identified in the LIFE-IP AdaptInGR.